UPC E is used in retail environments in North America. It is a numeric only barcode, always 8 digits long.
It is a shortened version of UPC A.
BarCodeWiz ActiveX Specific
- If you enter a 12-digit UPC A number, BarCodeWiz ActiveX will attempt to convert it to its UPC E equivalent.
- UPC-E barcodes must start with the digit 0.
- The last digit is a check digit. You may omit it to have the check digit calculated and added automatically.
- 2-digit and 5-digit add-ons are supported. Simply append the digits to the barcode number. For example:
- 5-digit add-on 99999. Check digit suplied: 0111222399999