Calendar Event with BarCodeWiz QR Code Fonts
Preparing a meeting? Create an invitation with a calendar event encoded as a QR Code.
To create a valid calendar event you should fill in these fields:
- BEGIN:VEVENT - this just tells that this is the beginning of calendar's event; no need to edit it
- SUMMARY: - event's description
- DTSTART: - start of the event
- DTEND: - finish of the event
- END:VEVENT - the end of the calendar's event; no need to edit it
DTSTART and DTEND fields
- While filling these fields, insert the date in the following format:
YYYYMMDD - inserting date this way, will result in producing a calendar event that will last the whole day.
- If you want to create a calendar event that will last several hours during the day, insert the date in this format:
YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS , where all the digits after T are hours, minutes, and seconds.
Let us create an example QR Code Calendar Event using BarCodeWiz ActiveX Cotrol - in MS WORD
- Let's say you are willing to create a calendar event named Subscribe BarCodeWiz ActiveX Control. Starting Sept, 29th at noon and ending Sept 29th a minute after noon.
- Copy/Paste the following text to WORD:
BEGIN:VEVENT^010SUMMARY:Subscribe BarCodeWiz ActiveX Control^010DTSTART:20230928T120000^010DTEND:20230928T120100^010END:VEVENT
- ^010 - is a line feed code in ASCII. We need it to separate each line of our event.
Set BarCodeWiz ActiveX Control to Encode QR Code Barcodes
More info in this tutorial: