Create Barcodes in MS Access
Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcodes in Access
- This tutorial shows how to add Interleaved 2 of 5 barcodes to your Access Reports.
- See the video or simply follow the steps below.
Step 1. Import barcode functions
- Click on Database Tools tab > Visual Basic (or press Alt + F11).
- Right-click on the database name and select "Import File"...
- Select BarCodeWizITF.bas.
- The default location of the file is:
C:\Program Files\BarCodeWiz\BarCodeWiz Interleaved 2 of 5 Fonts .
- The following module should now be part of the Access file.
Step 2. Create a new Table
- Create a new table with barcode data. Name the table Items (or simply use an existing table). Our table has the following data:
Step 3. Create a new report
- Click on Create tab > Report Design
Step 4. Set Record Source of the report
- Go to report Properties window and set the Record Source property to Items (the name of our table from step 2).
Step 5. Insert a TextBox for Barcode into the Detail section or the report. Set these properties:
- Control Source: =BCW_ITF([item_barcode])
- Border Style: Transparent
- Font Name: BCW_i25h_2
- Font Size: 28
- Font Color: #000000
Step 6. Add Item Name and Item Price
- Add two more Text Boxes and change their Control Source to item_name and item_price, respectively
Step 7. Print or Print Preview the report.
- The report is ready to save or print.