Troubleshooting Code 128 Barcodes in Crystal Reports
Having trouble creating barcodes in Crystal Reports?
- This page lists some common problems (and solution) with barcodes in Crystal Reports
- You receive one of the following error messages when running the report:
UFL 'u2lcom.dll' that implements this function is missing.
The Visual Basic UFL that implements this function is missing
- Solution: Install the necessary UFL files.
Barcodes are smaller when exporting to PDF
- Crystal Reports reduces the size of large fonts when exporting or printing via PDF. This behavior is by design, but not desired with barcode fonts.
- Solution: Edit the registry to add the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf Add a DWORD value with the name ForceLargerFonts and change its value to 1.
Text is shown instead of barcodes
- If your barcode is showing as gibberish text instead of bars, the most likely cause is the fonts are not installed.
- Solution: Install the font files.
To install, copy all files from: C:\Program Files\BarCodeWiz\BarCodeWiz Code 128 Fonts\Fonts\
- Ensure that Crystal Reports is NOT running during font installation. Otherwise, a restart is necessary.
Barcodes are blank
- If your barcode is blank, there may be an error in your text input.
- Solution: See this tutorial on how to use the Code 128 formulas in Crystal Reports