Troubleshooting Your Data Matrix Barcodes in Access
Having trouble with Barcoding your Data Matrix barcodes?
- If you receive an error: Run - time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object, follow these steps:
- While in debug mode, you will receive that Access is unable to create the object "BarCodeWizFonts.DataMatrix.DataMatrixFonts", it means you have to install our com_register.bat .
- Locate com_register.bat
- The default location of that script is: C:\Program Files\BarCodeWiz\BarCodeWiz Data Matrix Fonts\DotNet
- Right - click com_register.bat and select: Run as Administrator
- Restart Access to ensure it recognizes the installed component
Barcodes invisible? Don't see our font on a Font list?
- If you don't see our BCW_DM or BCW_DM_203 on a font list, it has to be installed
- Go to: C:\Program Files\BarCodeWiz\BarCodeWiz Data Matrix Fonts\Fonts\TrueType (default location) and right - click on the font file. Select "Install for all users"